- observation pattern corresponding to a band, or swath, relative to the satellite track (the virtual line on the Earth's surface followed by the satellite nadir),
- swath forming a nearly regular grid with axes parallel and perpendicular to the satellite track.
- swath grid resolution depending on sensor resolution,
- data files generally storing the observations collected during a complete (or half) revolution,
- high volume of data
- duration necessary to cover the whole Earth's surface related to the orbital characteristics of the satellite and the swath width of the sensor.
These products are intended for users requiring direct, geolocated and dated observations. The constraint is that the data availability over a given region within a given time range depends on whether the sensor spotted this region at the requested moment or not.